Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hi Everyone
The news is my ankle isn't looking good. Saw the surgeon/consultant last week, 6 weeks post op.
He found 3 significant problems, one of which may have been brought to crisis point when the dog pulled me over, but was almost certainly a runners' injury, (rare in non runners,) and developing over a period of time. When you ask if you will run again and the response is a hesitant "Well I've known people with this injury run again..." it isn't good news. The other two injuries are soft tissue injuries which will probably heal fully in time. I've now had an MRI scan to be repeated in a year to check the progress, or not, of the biggest problem. At the moment my ankle is swollen, walking is still uncomfortable some of the time and painful much of the time so I'm not tempted to run, see how I feels when the pain goes.
As a result my horse is being ridden frequently, although not for long as even this ranges from little to lots of pain. Can't drive yet. Son has taken the van to Font for a bouldering trip so carless during the day anyway.
I miss the running especially when I read about Saturday mornings but I do wish you all well, so glad I was able to do the 70 at 70 as this was my last big run to date and possibly ever. Congratulations on all the races, TF you are doing amazingly. I think SN is in line for a championship prize, brilliant. You never know I may just turn up one day and come for a run.
NicO



1 comment:

John the Elder said...

Very sorry to read what you say Nico. I thought a few years ago that I wouldn't be able to do much, let alone run, but I later realized that the human body has an enormous ability to heal itself. I'm sure you will be back.