Monday, August 01, 2011

Gritstone Tryal Sun 31st July

First chance I've had today to file a report and knowing how keen you'd all be for pictures rather than words, just been out to the car in my pj's to retrieve the map. How 'Chavvie' is that!







A select few (think it was 35 in all) set off from the Miner's Arms hoping we'd get round the corner to find a convenient bush out of sight of the residents. The landlord was having a bit of a 'lie-inn' (ged-it?) and couldn't be roused. So it was crossed legs all round, it is Cheshire after all!


Check-points had to be followed in order and usual rules about rights of way etc applied. A bit of local knowledge helped, eventually by the 2nd cp we'd all spread out a bit to avoid too much following, or at least where I was concerned. Mind you looking at the results I think one or two must have come in holding hands.


http://www.staffsmoorlands-ac.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=313:gritstone-tryal-2011-results&catid=91:gritstonetryal&Itemid=147

I got my route to dead on 13m with nearly 2000ft of climb, which aint bad for Cheshire. So after nearly 3hrs of running on Saturday, I was quite pleased with where I finished. Post run recovery was a bit slow as the 'muggy' conditions brought on a cracker of a migraine, which managed to make the rest of the day null and void.

I'll be out on Thurs for a utup, last run before Borrowdale.

TF

No comments: