Thursday, August 04, 2011

Equipment to borrow

May seem an odd request but does anyone have (or know someone that has) a climbing helmet (to fit small head) and a 9mm walking rope (30m) that I could borrow.

No, I'm not getting the colly-wobbles about the scree descent off SP on Saturday, I've booked myself on a Mountain Training course at the beginning of September and the helmet and rope are part of the required equipment. As I see this particular part of the course as a bit of a 'one-off', it does seem a bit extreme to have to purchase for one days' use. Rock climbing in itself has never had much of an appeal to me as a sport, but the helmet and rope requirements are part of the safety/security aspects of the training on this course.

The cheapest helmet I've sourced so far is a psychedelic blue one in decathlon for £24.99. The rope is coming in a bit more pricey, and too many different types to choose between. Any offers of assistance gladly welcome.

TF

No comments: