Sunday, November 14, 2010

Winter Hill Saturday

Now as you know, I generally don’t do enough training to get injured.  So imagine my disappointment, when having done even less that usual over a hectic social season, to find that I seem to have sustained a pulled adductor!   Don’t know how, but it sure is giving me some gyp when I try to run.  This said, plans for a long outing with FSS on Saturday came to naught and I found myself shuffling slowly up to Two Lads, Winter Hill and even more slowly jogging the same way down.  All told, a mere 7.8 measly miles with not an awful lot of climbing, but leg didn’t feel any worse at the end.   Kendal Mountain Film Festival luckily next weekend so no pressure to run.  I can barely remember how to do so!

However, it was a lovely morning and gave me the opportunity to stop and admire the autumn colourscapes and take a few snaps.    The storms and heavy rain produced some dramatic water features with the ground being completely saturated, but hey I probably don’t need to tell you guys that!

  mallorca 10 (2 of 9)

Just below the Pike

mallorca 10 (1 of 9)

This was enough to get me back up to the Pike

mallorca 10 (3 of 9)

Closer, but will it still be there when I arrive?

mallorca 10 (4 of 9)

Yes

mallorca 10 (5 of 9)

Back through the Chinese Gardens to see some of Lord Leverhulme’s water features at their best

mallorca 10 (6 of 9)

Mere shadows of what they would have looked like before the vegetation took over

mallorca 10 (7 of 9)

Lots of fallen branches along the way

mallorca 10 (8 of 9)

But lovely autumn colours with the sun on the ferns looking particularly fetching having been washed clean by the rainwater

mallorca 10 (9 of 9)

 

FSS took a run out to see Thursday’s storm damage inflicted the ToT and you can see some of his pics here, along with a video capturing the cascade in full flow.  Not something we see very often, even in winter.

Look forward to reading about all your exploits.

NLN

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Great photos, Pauline. And all the best for a speedy recovery! Rhiannon

NLN said...

Thanks Rhiannon