Saturday, March 07, 2015

Stan Bradshaw Pendle Round - Saturday 7th March '15

Having been told by my GP that there is nothing wrong with me that can't be improved by training harder, losing weight and drinking less, I decided to return to racing and to fight my way back to my rightful position - i.e just a few places from the end of the last sheet of the results of any race that I am foolish enough to enter.

So it was that I found myself at the back of the assembled throng straining at the leash at the start of the 2015 Stan Bradshaw Pendle Round.

Two hours and twenty one minutes later saw me stagger over the finish line, 24 minutes after the TF and one hour and ten minutes after the winner. The only folk behind me were two Trawden ladies and a scattering of marshalls dismantling race signage.

The weather had started off cold and breezy but improved during the morning and by the finish I was ready to take my gloves off. Underfoot conditions were wet, but no worse than to be expected at this time of year.

Next race is Liver Hill on 31st March; target:- to beat at least one man - we will see.

Four days after that it's the Pike!

4 comments:

TLoB said...

Is that Liver Hill near Rossendale?

John the Elder said...

There's one thing for certain and that is that you will beat at least one man in the Pike race if I have anything to do with it.

TLoB said...

Is t'Y running that slowly?

t'Y said...

Will you be at the start line, mister B?