Sunday, March 29, 2015

Saturday 28th and Tuesday 31st March

Just YJ and yours truly at the UP on Saturday: YJ to just to say hello before departing for his continued road training. It was raining, hard at times, so I sat in the car for for a while, plucking up courage and then set off alone for the Pike, Two Lads and Winter Hill Trig Point (for a change!). Coming off the Pike I met Matt, who was reccying next Saturday's race route - surprisingly, he has never done the race before. By the time I got to the trig point the weather was getting the better of me and I took the shortest route back to the barn.

Back to Matt, he'll have to turn out a few more times to catch up on my record of 35 consecutive completions (36 if this year goes to plan). I've raced every year (except FMD year when the race wasn't held) since my debut in Cambridge Harriers colours in 1979.

Next Tuesday sees the first of this season's evening fell races - Liver Hill from the Rawtenstall Marl Pits, starts at 6:45. I'm going if anyone wants a lift. Target, as per earlier post - to beat at least one bloke.

No comments: