Monday, March 30, 2015

Serious Contender for last man in

Since overcoming long-term injuries mid last year my return to running has been littered with obstacles. Suffice to say I've ben running continuously for three weeks now and that's about as good as it gets these days. Anyway with the intention of seeing JtE doing the Pike race I thought, never having done it, I might as well have a go myself. I asked JtE to clarify the route so he told me where to go and told me the route as well.  So on Saturday I was desperating up the pike when I saw a familiar figure coming off the top. It was EtU on his own. Where have all the Utuper's gone? Despite the respite afforded by our ten minute chat, my time was one that you really don't want to make public. I hadn't expected much and I wasn't disappointed. You could go slower. But you'd have to try extremely hard. I therefore declare myself a serious contender for last man in. So;

                                                        The name of Matt,
                                                        Goes in the hat,
                                                        Not his new name,
                                                        You'd need a very large hat,
                                                        For that!
 
Saturday could be a double-header. JtE is odds-on to be the first ever 80 year old RMI harrier to complete the Pike race and I'm odds-on to be slowest ever RMI Harrier to complete the race. It's fortunate that the clocks sprang forward last weekend otherwise I'd have been getting back in the dark. I've spent a lot of my life there.
 
 

No comments: