Monday, April 09, 2012

Pike Race Results

Thanks to FSS for locating the results:-

http://www.race-results.co.uk/results/2012/pike12.pdf

and well done to TYC, KLM and t'Y, who were all well in front of me (it's OK Gordon, I'll not list my excuses).  Nice to see Paul Dugdale back on home turf, placing 3rd V45, 13th overall.

Just for info. this was my 33rd successive Pike race, allowing for the absence of the race in FMD year, 2001.

And yes, that means I was there in 1981 When John Wilde set the still extant record of 15:53.  He went up in 9:48 and came down in 6:05, 3 minute 45 second miling for the descent!

 Running for Cambridge Harriers, I posted 24:30, placing 256th out of 295 completers. Ahhh, those were the days.

Interesting that also in 1981, despite no finisher in the top 6, Horwich won the open team competition, courtesy of Pete Ravald 7th, Mike Short 11th and Steve Crimes 21st (just three to count in those days). Steve Crimes, those of you who were listening will remember, was the stocky guy I spoke to as he ran up Gingham Brow as we (TF, the GM and I) descended last Thursday evening. Interesting, those old results, on a wet afternoon.

No comments: