Saturday, April 07, 2012

Coope's Dozen Walk

Apologies to all for not doing a write-up earlier but we have been away doing a little walking on the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path before returning yesterday evening.
Thanks to all those who helped fine-tune the walk to result in no problems on the day. I did a full recce last Tuesday and made just one change for the actual walk, taking the bridleway parallel to The Goyt from White Coppice.
Seventeen turned up for the walk and for a first go that was fine - it meant we were able to keep to a decent pace, completing in about eight and a half hours, only 30 minutes longer than I'd taken on my own. The day was perfect, having cooled a little from Tuesday but offering a complete day full of outstanding views with almost unbroken sunshine. White Coppice CC was open for ice-creams etc : this went down very well and experienced walkers enjoyed venturing onto Egg Hillock and Old Adam for the first time in their lives.
Rather than re-post the photos, go to the East Lancs LDWA website to view them - most were taken with my phone as the battery on my main camera decided to accelerate to empty at the start of the walk. Usually there are others with photographic skills (certainly more skill than me). I expect I shall be repeating the walk next year as the feedback was very positive.

No comments: