Thursday, January 28, 2010

You never know who you bump into on Winter Hill

Went for a nice quiet run this morning - over Winter Hill to Belmont and back via the Blue Lagoon and up by the mast I was just trying to get a shift on to make my target at the junction when out of the mist appears Matt Stitchlegs, wandering around asking me if I know a good route on Winter Hill, one which might follow the race route. Didn't have the heart to tell him that you weren't supposed to recce the route (bit of anomaly as most of it is open access land which the Countryside Rangers encourage you to use).
Whilst we were up there, he was also after some technical consultancy - so here goes - take yourself to htmlgoodies and you should find some nice little tutorials which may fit the bill. I think such consultancy is worth at least a £1 donation to Guide Dogs, Matt, so here's your link.
Today's run means that I have achieved my target for the month as far as ascent goes and am just 5 miles short for mileage. As I shall be on leg 4 of the Pennine Bridleway Relay on Sunday, that will give me twice 5.5 miles and an additional 1200ft. This should address some of the shortfall from December. Full detals for those who like being bored are on my blog gordonsgr10. I'll try to add a something a bit more interesting to it.

Sorry, EtU, JtE and NicO, I didn't get chance to chat more on Tuesday as I was getting to know my partner for Sunday's relay, having only briefly met him before at the Fielden Cup, on which subject, have I been awarded it in perpetuity? Also, there was no chance of any respite between reps! I was quite surprised at the times I was achieving - sure I used to be at least 5 seconds slower.

YJ, best of luck at That's Lyth. I would have entered and been racing you were I not on the Relay.

No comments: