Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Two Crosses Circuit postponed till March 21st

I know that NicO and David had entered and there may be more. Great shame as I was looking forward to getting in 25 miles to my schedule this Sunday.

The first suitable date (subject to logistics of rebooking etc) is Sunday, March 21st. All entries will be valid for that date. Full information will be posted on the LDWA site in the next couple of days.

Nine of us did a marshals walk last Sunday. We only did the 18 mile route but that took us 7 hours despite a good speed where possible, 5 hours being the expected time in previous years. Speed certainly wasn't possible on White Moss which although enjoyable in a perverse sort of way, would pose too great a risk (especially if the wind speed is anything like yesterday on Winter Hill).

Personal Targets - I set mine last year and so far this year, all 12 days of it, I'm on schedule. To yesterday I've done 61 miles and 7450ft of ascent. The I'm trying to do a fairly frequent run over Winter Hill down to Belmont then back via the Blue Lagoon but the last wto attempts have been beaten back by the weather, firstly turning back at the mast but yesterday I managed to go down to the Wrights Arms but had decided the climb up the Belmont Winter Hill route may not be sensible so ran back via Scout Road. If anyone wants to join me on the run, you are always welcome. When the snow clears, I think the time out of 2hrs30 ought to come down to 2 hours.

No comments: