Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Plans for 2010

No-one seems to have responded to my suggestion that we all share our personal challenges for the new year, so I thought I'd set the ball in motion.

2010 really is going to be my last attempt at finishing the Wasdale race; if it doesn't happen this year, I've got to accept that it won't ever again.

On the way I'm going to be doing a few more fell races (but no silly challenges), building up my miles to a maximum of 55 a week in June, and taking in the Duddon race on the way (but not Ennerdale ~ definitely not Ennerdale).

By way of diversion, and to break the monotony of the mileage build-up I'm also targetting the Horwich Triathlon on 2nd May (www.epicevents.org). I'm also hoping that, in preparing for that event, I'll develop my crawl (the one I'm hoping to do in the water, not the one I'll probably be doing towards the end of the  Wasdale race, or on the way home from the TaT) sufficiently not to disgrace myself in the Smithills Res Challenge (SRC).

Company and encouragement welcomed for preparation for all of these.

With regard to the SRC, late August or early September would seem appropriate; should we set a date now, or wait until nearer the time?

No comments: