Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thanks for the empathy.

Thanks for the empathy, particularly with regard to sleepless nights. Someone has obviously been there and got the T shirt. Apparently the pain peaks at 10 days so I am, as I write, peaking!
Official diagnosis was 2 broken and 3 cracked, should be ok in 3-6 weeks. No treatment, just lots and lots of painkillers and try not to catch a cold!
As far as running goes for me it is all about pleasure and enjoyment, although a large part of that comes from the sense of achievement. My target for this year was to do more of it, hence applications to the Garstang 10k in January and the Amble in February, both now completely out of the question.
On the back of contracting septicaemia following an application last September to do a half marathon I have decided not to enter any more races as I seem to be jinxed.
Hope to join you on the fells at some point in the future, hubby is determined I use my Christmas presents and my OMM jacket doesn't really look right with a LBD!

A not so chirpy SN

No comments: