Friday, January 22, 2010

Tomorrow ~ Decision Time

I see from YJ’s posting that I am to assume executive powers for the third Saturday in succession. I  must say, at this stage, that being so unused to having any authority I am finding the situation difficult to cope with. However here goes:

YJ’s suggestion is that we should go from UP taking the Amble route as far as Darwen Moor and from there, Tockholes Road, Spitlers and in by NLN’s Route. According to my map and wheel this would give us about 18.5 miles. If, on the day, this seems a bit daunting, Turton and Entwistle reservoir could be missed out saving 2.5 miles. There seems to be a good mileage opportunity in this whilst missing out the much loathed Darwen Tower. It also facilitates a recce of that much reeded area before the Darwen Road. If it’s to be left to me, then I say that we go for it.

Final Arrangement: UTUP

No comments: