Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Progress report

My mileage total for FRA Races is now up to 102.6 and Ft/Climb 26930. To date the longest has been 11.5m and shortest 3m, so sadly lacking in AL races.

This could prove to be a bit critical as I did my online entry for the Lake District Mountain Trial last night (the first one on the list). This involved a bit of tricky navigating round a duff link from the ldmta site, so I passed the first test with flying colours.

Now things get a bit tougher, entries are vetted for suitability and I’m upping the stakes this time and going for the Women’s Trial and 12m/5000ft. You are required to state your relevant experience, some of the suggestions were BG and JN. I didn’t think I’d get away with ticking the JN and adding a very small foot note *car support X 2, so as part of my recent achievements and ‘relevant experience’ my list included

From last year
3 AL’s (Holme Moss, Exterminator, & Tour of Pendle),

From this year
2 LDWA (Hebden & Trollers Trot)
2 AM’s (Anniversary Waltz & Buttermere Sailbeck)
3 Long ‘O’ type events (Kinder Trial, New Chew & South Pentland Hills)
A couple of district and regional orienteering events

So fingers and toes crossed, I hope I’ve done enough to satisfy the scrutiny panel. In any case they need someone to make all the others appear so much better!

TF

No comments: