Monday, July 13, 2009

My Saturday PS

Sorry to read of your timimg out EtU. It was obviously a glorious day and this must have been some consolation.

Thanks NLN for your wicked comments concerning my new affiliation with Darwen Tower!

There was some excitement in my run. On climbing the stone steps on the approach to Rivington Green I was confronted by a herd of some 30 black cows and bullocks. They were quite excited because they had found another cow, not of their herd, on the opposite side of the fence. They completely blocked my route to the gate beyond. Being a bit weary at that stage I could not face a detour and therefore decided to go through them. I was a bit concerned as someone had recently been killed under similar circumstances. However, with much tossing of heads and jumping around, those in my way allowed me through. Having got some 30m beyond them I decided to look back only to see that one particularly frisky young bullock thing had decided to take me on. It was galloping towards me. I was too far away from the gate to run and so I faced it loudly clapping my hands and bawling at it to b***** off. Whilst its legs seemed to be flailing about in all directions the net result was, miraculously, that it veered away. I carried on a short distance and looked round again only to see that it had decided to do a repeat performance. I responded in similar manner. This time it skidded to a halt facing me, with head held low. My reaction was to keep eye contact with it and walk backwards. I did this until I noticed that it had been distracted and at that point I legged it to the gate. Norman would have been proud of me. So, unless you people particularly want to get rid of me, you shouldn't let me out on my own!

No comments: