Monday, May 04, 2009

Where was Ed?
Looking forward to Ed keeping me on my toes at Wray Caton but he was nowhere to be seen!
Managed to remain the fastest fellrunner in the family but I'm sure those days are numbered. Weatherwise it was pretty crap, especially for the spectators but I risked running in shorts and no waterproof and was warm enough. Underfoot it wasn't perfect for me but then it wasn't terrible either and this must be the only fell race where I managed to hold my place on the descent (think I dropped one place but really ought to have pulled that back and three others on the final run in) - it's just that final little steep bit down to the bridge which gets me. Suzanne was first lady (overall) but otherwise not much Horwich presence in the senior race although the juniors dominated the prizegiving. I'll post up a bit more when I get the results. 
(May 6th) Results now showing and although my finishing time of 1:07:37 was slightly down on last year, but no less than everyone else (apart from my mate on the soul scene Ali Welsh - but then he took VR a couple of months ago and now just works a couple of days a week, resulting in him improving by 2 minutes and going from 22nd to 4th - on that basis I expect JtE, YJ and Mat Shticklegs to consistently beating the rest of us). Diane managed 1:13:43 passing quite a few on the descent - I'm sure she would have been faster had she been wearing fell shoes rather than trail shoes.

No comments: