Saturday, May 16, 2009

Finally did it - A marathon, so I am not the only one in the group who hasn't!! 3 hours 52, just under 9 min /mile I make it. Well pleased and thank you all for your advice and support.

It didn't look good this morning, my knee was still painful and I had a cracking migraine yesterday ( 9/10) which was still there this am but not as bad. At 9.00 I had ibuprofen and paracetamol which really helped the head and also the knee.

The race set off at 11 and I soon joined a friendly group of guys from Nottingham running 8.5min/mile and we all chatted happily until the painkillers wore off at 14miles. So it was another double dose and everything was amzingly ok until about 20mile marker when I just felt sore and tired, not exactly the wall but it wasn't a happy time for me. So it was a real relief to arrive under the 4 hour mark and even to finish.

David was a huge help, travelling from water point to water point with maxim energy drinks but I still only managed a pint. It's a glass of wine now to celebrate. See you all next Saturday for EtR's JN.

No comments: