Friday, May 29, 2009

Last of the photos

Well done TF for being so alert as to realise that EtU had a spare set of keys and ensuring that I had mine. You don't miss a trick.

We all know what a superb climber YJ is, so to drop out at Kirkstone saying he was off the pace cuts no ice with us. On the other hand the weather was deteriorating. 2/10 YJ for trying to con us.

Three weeks after doing his own JN and three weeks before his 55 @ 55, FSS did the complete round sometimes carrying a load, and navigating extremely well through the mist from Dunmail to Sty Head. This is just showing off. He gave the impression he could have done it walking on his hands. It makes you want to be sick. For making no attempt to hide his superior fellmanship 2/10.

JtE walked all the way up to Black Sail Pass on his own, stood there for one-and-a-half hours in the freezing wind, said "Hello" and then walked back down again. What was all that about? For being plain silly 2/10 including a bonus point for not wearing his tea cosy.

I, of course, behaved impeccably throughout. It wasn't my fault that I forgot to give EtU his car key. Throughout the day whilst in her company, TF had done all my thinking for me. I could hardly be expected to take over right at the end. I was out of practice. I'll let you score me. Probably around my face.

EtU comes out of it all with a great deal of credit. Toward the end he showed an alarming propensity for sniffing the grass. Despite Nico and I telling him that it wasn't that type of grass that relaxed you and made you feel happy and content he would insist on throwing himself at the fellside. I wondered if he was in training for an NLN and was practising on softer terrain. As usual he never let it affect his spirit, and any attempts to help him up were rebuffed somewhat aggressively.

So, well done EtU on doing the JN in foul conditions(you deserved better) particularly wltcotftn, and what great originality with the T Shirt. The boy done good. 149/10


A madman at Black Sail Pass


Looks cold to me


There's always someone who wants to get in on the end of a photo.
Furthermore it has one bright eye and one dim. Is it an alien?



Job done

No comments: