Friday, April 18, 2014


Walkies?

Spring in Lakeland is a scenic 23.11 miles LDWA event from Ambleside via Loughrigg, Skelwith Bridge, Elterwater, Little Langdale, Tilberthwaite, Coniston, Tarn Hows, and back via Skelwith Bridge and Loughrigg to Ambleside.

I had been warned by T'Y that a cold may prevent him running and as he wasn't there for the start I guessed, obviously incorrectly, that he had not made it.  The two ladies with dogs he mentions caught me up just past Tilberthwaite and rapidly pulled away towards Copper Mines Valley never to be seen again, at least not by me.

With a relatively small field we soon got strung out and I  had no company for most of the way the only exception being two ladies, a married couple and a   single gentlemen all of whom were faster than me but kept reappearing after navigational errors or too much eating and greeting at the three checkpoints.

My time was 6hr 24min.


No comments: