Sunday, April 27, 2014

Solo UTUP

I didn't see any posts on the blog the evening before but assumed that someone would turn up, unfortunately just me again on this occasion - not my best running partner but I suppose I would have to do.  So defaulting to my trad' ressy and hill I set off along the ressys' to White Coppice and bumped into SS going in the opposite direction by Yarrow ressy.  She kindly informed my of the reason for the absence of the pack leaders.  SS was the last human contact I had all the way to White Coppice, up to Great Hill along Spittlers edge and up the back of Winter Hill until I started my decent along the mast road.

Running head on into the wind and the boggy wet conditions on the top made for an uncomfortable stage.  There are usually other runners or walkers on route but not this day, was there something special on TV I had missed?  It was getting a bit spooky but the usual splendid views made up for that as the wind had blown the early misty wet conditions away.  Finishing on 2 Lads and the Pike I saw more MTBers than anybody else on the lower reaches, where were all the runners and walkers?

Even going down through the Japanese Gardens it was quiet and the only hubbub was at the Go-Ape centre!  So in all, a very quiet run.  The slight adjustment to my route meant I could finish exactly on 20km ( approx 12 miles).  A slow time of 2:40 explained away by the head wind on the tops and the slowing to take in the views.  In previous years I have been able to get round in 2.0 hours but I think those days are long gone.

I might be out to play next Saturday but only for a short one as there are big 'O' events in the Lakes on Sunday and Monday I want to have a crack at instead of just getting round.  The JK weekend in S.Wales over Easter has awoken my desire to do better at 'O-ing".  So may be see then.

Happy running - mid week day light running is here :)

KLM

No comments: