Tuesday, March 31, 2009

121 Days In

After 121 days my Joss Naylor campaign continues almost without faltering. I say "almost" to indicate that all has not gone completely to plan.

Scheduled miles for March, to give me my 45 per week, were 200. Tonight, part way down Liver Hill I achieved that mileage and on reaching the finish line I had completed 201. A few minor niggles during the month have all but disappeared, but the periformis pain has worsened slightly and I have been resorting to Ibuprofen a couple of times a week.

Weight loss remains at nil! But as previously suggested, the power/weight ratio is improving as fat is replaced by muscle (honest!).

Liver Hill, tonight, was good, although it's more like a cross country with a stiff climb at the start and the corresponding descent near the finish, on this out and back course. Finishing time was winner plus 55.6%, which is much better than I've been achieving for some time, although the worth of this measure is obviously very much dependent on the quality of the winner ~ Jordan Beard, anything known, other than that he's U18?

During the race I'd managed to take a dive, catching my foot in some wire, and finding it rather amusing at the time. On finishing I noticed there was some blood and now find that it's quite sore. Fortunately the cut is vertical, rather than horizontal, so it doesn't tend to open as the knee bends; I'm holding the edges together with Elastoplast; just hope it doesn't interfere with training.

Not far behind me when I finished was the ever smiling TF, having run approximately the same time as last year ~ correction: TF ran almost 2 minutes faster than last year.

The weekly mileage goes up to 50 for April, then a heavy first week in May followed by a fortnight's taper. First sortie to the lakes is Easter Saturday for Scafell Pike, followed by the Pike Race in the afternoon.

EtU

No comments: