Friday, June 20, 2008

Two Lads ~ Thursday 19th June

A fine evening, following just enough rain to soften the ground without making it significantly slippery.

Another night for Horwich success, with the club taking first overall, courtesy of Darren Kay in 31:43, just one second in front of Danny Hope, brother of the course record holder Rob. Horwich also took the open and vets' men's team prizes. But only two Horwich ladies?

Salford men took 5th open team and 4th vets', but as with Horwich, seem to have been let down by their ladies.

It was interesting to see the Galloping Major run so close by his brother Mike, both clocking 45:02 ~ I trust it was a close race and they didn't just jog round holding hands (whatever happened to sibling rivalry?).

Further down the field (much further) T'Yorkshireman clocked 51:19 and I managed 52:24, closing last night's gap somewhat on this, my preferred terrain.

Back in the Bridge the bad news was that they now only sell one cask ale, and it's Holt's; the good news being that it's only £1.80 a pint. I bought two pints, one for me and one for my friend. The bad news was that I didn't have a friend (ahhhhh) the good news was that I got to drink his beer.

Just for the record, the course did go straight on at the waterworks and then turned right down the road for about 75 yards.

EtU

No comments: