Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fair exchange, no robbery


This week's a reduced mileage week, so a good opportunity to do a few short races. The FRA calendar had a good selection of races for last night. But the one that caught my eye was advertising free entry if you provided a homemade cake for the raffle. It also had the benefit of being the closest to get to from work. So 'Eddies Revenge' it was, a 3.8m blast round Crompton Moor, Shaw nr Oldham.


Here's a map of the route. Can any of you work out which way it went?

Thankfully there were plenty of flags and Middleton Harriers and the local Scout Group out marshalling, so no one got lost. And some chap called Eddie definitely had his revenge 'cos when checking my watch at the highest point, 20mins had elapsed. So the return was bound to be less. How wrong can you be! A hefty 41:55mins on crossing the finish line.

Having dropped off a Victoria Sponge & Sticky Toffee Pudding to claim my free entry, I came away with a can of Carlsberg and a box of chocolates (spot prize).

TF

I'm afraid I wont be able to make Saturday this week, but will out for a trot round next Thurs and Sat.

No comments: