Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Duddon Valley

Well done to EtU and FSS and to YJ and Ray for their valiant attempts. Thank you everyone for all your support and encouragement during the lead up to this race. Hard though it was to call it quits at the top of Little Stand (or Little Sit Down as it'll be known to me) I had to remember the reasons for taking part, (a) to enjoy and (b) keep healthy, neither of which would have been the case if I'd have carried on.

I set this race as one of my challenges for the year. However disappointed I was to not succeed, I have to realize that something can only truly be a challenge if there is a risk of failure, and so it was to be. Having been inspired by all your achievements, I hope that eventually I'll be able to follow suit.

The little virus that decided to stick around for the tour of the Duddon Valley is still stubbornly hanging on. I have therefore decided to have a complete weeks rest before beginning training for the Marathon, so will be out again next week.

TF

No comments: