Sunday, November 29, 2015

Saturday 28th November

Quite a while since my last blog entry and indeed my last run out with the Saturday Squad.  This retirement lark is fantastic but it don’t half swallow up time enjoying yourself this much!   

Good to see folks at the start and along the way, setting off with TF, EtU, YJ and TM for a trot out through the paths to Dangerous Corner.  Not bad conditions although the light for snaps rather dull.  TF nursing a niggling knee, after a recent tumble, turned back from the fire road out to Bomber Memorial taking EtU with her and leaving TM YJ and me to take a simple path up onto Spitler’s Edge to the main flagged path out to Great Hill.  Disaster of a route through completely unrunnable ground led by yours truly.  A moment of disorientation before realising we were just below the summit shelter of Great Hill having missed Spitler’s completely.  Just glad it wasn’t misty!   Pleasant run off via Drinkwaters and down to White Coppice where I took my leave of my two companions who were heading out to Healey Nab.  My intention being to get back to the car before the forecast rain arrived.  This I did, but not before bumping into JtE and SN with whom pleasantries were exchanged and arrangement made to meet in the Lower Barn for coffee at the end.  I then hightailed it to the car park and changed into dry clothes thinking how civilised this all was.  On the arrival of YJ and TM from their sojourn over Healey Nab I was informed that coffee would not be likely as SN had taken a heavy fall.  Sad to report that after a visit to hospital SN has sustained a broken collar bone - a very painful injury and I’m sure we all wish her well and a speedy recovery without too much discomfort. Sad smile

Saturday Run-6

TF covering the ground on the fire road

Saturday Run-9

The trees showing the prevailing wind direction

1 comment:

Toothfairy said...

ouch! Get well soon SN. Hope those lads of yours are looking after you