Thursday, June 05, 2014

Langdales & Scafell Pike and Henderson's End

LANGDALES AND SCAFELL PIKE

Thankfully no one to let down on Saturday as I have to postpone my jaunt out to the Lakes due to big car still in surgery when it should have been released today.  Thank you to the Swifty clan for responding.  Also NHS has given me an appointment on Saturday with 2 day's notice - strange!  I think there are hidden Forces at play preventing me from having my little trip out.

HENDERSON'S END Thursday 5 June 2014

I haven't got the foggiest as to why I decided to do this race other than enjoying the one and only time I did it before in torrential rain!  Tonight we had near perfect running conditions a cool northwesterly breeze on a warm clear evening.

The route has been changed from the original and it is not as nice as I am averse to "in-out" routes, which was what this event was.  Starting on the track above the upper barn it was up to Georges lane via the Pigeon Tower, then the Pike followed by 2 Lads then up to the summit trig via he muddy path and wall route.  The return was via the path off the mast road to the old brickworks before crossing the road to 2 Lads again and the Pike - .........again! Pigeon Tower straight down through the paddock to the bottom track and in.  A lot easier to type than run.

T'Y had a blisteringly good run finishing well ahead of me.  It was good to see Colin out; I had a hard time keeping up with hime but just managed to pass him at the trig so he is well on his way to recovery.  My GPS failed me tonight by not recording any data except my race time which was 74' 37" for what was just shy of 6 miles and 300m of climb.  Having said that Colin is convinced it was a fair bit longer than advertised!

Word of warning:  The evening midges in the area are very lively take plenty of anti midge stuff or face the consequences.

Good night and maybe see you Saturday now.

KLM

No comments: