Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hats Off!

To our three intrepid completers of Coope’s Dozen YJ, EtU and TM.  The regular route obviously not tough enough, so the additional bonus of a visit to Darwen Tower was thrown in on the day.  I planned to join them only to Spitlers and thoroughly enjoyed my fourteen and a half miles, but was quite glad of a bit of cloud cover on my run in over Great Hill and Round Loaf.  I hear on the viral grapevine that our trio completed twenty five miles – so looking forward to the write up.  Some pics of the morning below Smile

untitled-1

Here they are at the start – only TM having the foresight for head cover!

untitled-2

Up to Noon Hill

untitled-3

 

untitled-4

 

untitled-5

Below the Pike

untitled-6

 

untitled-7

Perfect conditions

untitled-8

TM approaching Two Lads

untitled-9

Smithills Res

untitled-10

Heading out to Whinberry Hill

untitled-11

 

untitled-12

 

untitled-13

Cotton Grass on Counting Hill

untitled-14

A breather at the Trig

untitled-15

Looking strong on Spitler’s as I take my leave

untitled-16

Heading out to find Old Adam – whoever he is

untitled-17

Glad of that cloud cover heading over to Round Load and my solo run in

Great morning out for me – well apart from Shaley Dingle,  but we won’t go there EVER EtU!!

No comments: