Monday, June 11, 2012

Henderson's End  - Thursday 7th June

Another wet and windy race on the hills, this one being on the doorstep so as to speak.  Only proper runners come out in those conditions for a race but a few lesser but like minded souls like me also got out to make the mediocre runners look good.  Like Edenfield, I felt good and was well wrapped up unlike those mad 'uns in their vests and shorts, mind you they were not out long enough to get cold unlike us at the back.

Thanks to all those who gave me an insight into the route, which is basically a short Saturday run (Georges Lane , Winter Hill summit, 2 Lads, Pike and in) with more people on route but more lonely at the back.  I liked the route because of the variation of terrain except for the George's Lane sections that are always uncomfortable but make you grateful for the boggy bits.  The steep descents did for me again loosing me a lot of time on people I got past on the climbs.  I passed one chap on the climb up to the Pike and he managed to beat me by over a minute at the finish! Still, better than vegetating in front of the tele.

I was sad to miss the Duddon experience but I had an AAA pass for the Coldplay gig at the Etihad and 'Er indoors had a shared directors box with my son's girl friend and their old boss who is now their main client - all a bit convoluted but simple really.  What an experience and what a show - no contest really.

Sunday's orienteering at PFO's event on Stoneyhurst's grounds was challenging on all fronts but I got a better result than expected and a better one than I get at fell racing.

EtU - are you still up for Wednesday evening's SROC Street-O ? details:
Avenham & Broadgate on 13 June 2012, Venue: The Continental PR1 8JP, start times 18:30 to 19:30

KLM

1 comment:

EtU said...

Kev,

I've not diaried this in. You'd mentioned one in Penwortham that I was interested in. Broadgate & Avenham are on the other side of the river.

Ed.