Friday, June 15, 2012

Good turnout at Two Lads

The weather stayed just about dry for last night's Two Lads Fell Race and EtU and myself, both regular combatants at this local event for I don't know how many years, were there to to the start line, or rather some way behind the start line as appropriate for our lack race winning ability. This year we were joined by Matt Sticklegs, KLM, TYC and PS, with TF along cheering us on. TYC and PS were way ahead recording respectable times whilst I managed to just fend off KLM as we reached the summit of Two Lads then carelessly caught my right foot on something on the descent and went flying with quite a good roll enabling KLM and a few others to overtake. At the time I thought my race was over but a few seconds walking followed by a tentative jog down to Pike Cottage meant at lease I would finish and hopefully the rest of the field wouldn't all overtake me. KLM meanwhile also took a tumble nearer to the Cottage, so he was still in sight along Georges Lane. Eventually I finished only a minute down on last year with KLM a minute in front of me, Matt a couple further back and EtU another three back, but not as he thought at the time, the last bloke to finish. I was pleased that they now have some decent beer in the Bridge and the Theakies no doubt acted as a painkiller. After some persuasion, Matt went up to the presentation room to find out there was a V70 prize, so EYJ's absence was to Matt's benefit.

No comments: