Monday, January 02, 2012

Miles and smiles

2011 has been a year of two halves, as they say in football. Two months after the Pennine Way run sciatica almost immobilised me as far as running was concerned, to the extent that I felt sure that for the first time in 31 years I would fall short of my annual target of 2000 training and racing miles. I was so sure of a shortfall that in order to save further demoralisation I deliberately avoided totting up the total until New Years Day.


So it was with great surprise that on completing the spreadsheet for 2011 the total came well over the target at 2200 miles.

After totting up all the available records and allowing a nominal 2000 miles for the years where the diaries are missing the running total is over 65,000 miles. Now that's a lot of worn out shoes.

Happy New Year to you all.

No comments: