Wednesday, January 04, 2012

This Week

Tuesday 3rd - went to the track, but there was no main session, no-one had told me! But Carl Balshaw was there with his "improvers" group. Tagged onto them and found it a lot less depressing than trailing off the back of Steve Pearson's "improved" group. I wasn't the fastest (even in the B group), but at least there were folk to sprint in with, rather than crossing the line half way through the recovery interval. Quite exhilarating. Dilemma is now which group to join when Carl is back in a fortnight's time; do I finally accept that I am no longer a mainstream runner and take my place in the improvers B squad?

During the session one guy asked me how long I had been coming to the track, and he seemed a bit surprised when I said "About 20 years". He didn't say "It hasn't done you much good, has it?", but I thought I could see those words hovering on his lips.

Thursday 5th - UTUP

Saturday 7th - UTUP

Sunday 8th - racing two septuagenarians at the Garstang 10k.

Finally, are we adopting that old Irving Berlin number as our squad song:- "There's no buntings like snow buntings, there's no buntings I know...

No comments: