Wednesday, June 22, 2011

UTUPS

No utups for me again this week. If this keeps carrying on I'll end up having to post a photo as well just in case you forget what I look like.

Tomorrow I'm off for a navigating race from Tegg's Nose Country Park. One of the 'Dark & White' organized events. I might be cheeky and ask where my prize is for third place in the last series, as it definitely stated on the entry form that there would be one. Just 2hrs running for this event rather than the usual 3. Still plenty time to go wrong though!

On Saturday I'll be recceing the Borrowdale Race Route from the start to Honister. The weather forecast looks no worse than last week so taking my chances, last weekend of steep stuff before the wind down to Wasdale. I sneaked a look at the descent to the 'corridor route' whilst racing last Saturday and looking forward to see how I cope with that!

I've now joined the National Trust, NLN had suggested it a while ago but I never got around to doing it until now. It's 2 months free for new members at the moment. Shame the bloke in the Landrover wasn't there before I parked up at Seatoller rather than when I returned (£5.50 for 4hrs parking, still not quite as expensive as Kendals in Manchester!). So if we plan any little group jaunts and we intend stopping at a NT site, remind me to bring the sticker for the car window with me. Now planning to see how many big houses I can go and have a nosey round, after I've run round the gardens, of course! Need to remember to take some clean shoes and avoid the cafe on the way out.

TF

No comments: