Tuesday, September 16, 2008

While the Langdale Marathon was down on my list to be nothing more then a slow training run in preparation for the Snowdonia race it was still a major disappointment and setback to the build-up for the big event.

A combination of factors nearly prevented me from starting but not wanting did-not-start to become a way of life a last minute decision took me to Langdale for a race to be run the reverse direction as in previous years.

Running on empty from the word go took me to be 13 mile mark in 2. 08 at which there was barely enough energy left to walk to he car. If recovery allows I'll be out for a slow (probably very slow) road run on Saturday. Are there any plans? Just name a time and a place.

Congratulations to T'Yorkie who had an excellent run.



No comments: