Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Coopes Dozen - Just an odd thought

For some reason I felt that last year we'd taken the 'Winter Hill' race route to get to Georges Lane and thence Noon Hill. We very rarely approach Georges Lane/Noon Hill this way, which is why I felt it must have been a special occasion! On the way out on this route, I do remember asking someone (possibly YJ) the question "is this the way that WH race goes then?" At this stage, I hadn't considered doing the Winter Hill race, so if it'd been on one of the reccies I wouldn't have needed to ask the question, if you see what I mean?

Anyone else think we went this way? Maybe I dreamt it, but hopefully it'll explain my odd choice of route when I did my clockwise version in April. Having done out and back along Georges Lane to get to Noon Hill I couldn't face the rocky road down to the car park. So I decided to take the grassy slope at the side of the Pidgeon Tower, and cut a corner off.

No comments: