Friday, March 14, 2008

What Will You Do Without Me?

You all probably know that I'm off ro(a)ming this weekend, so I won't be updating the blog until Monday evening. I'm sure that this won't be a problem, there was life before blogs, and you can still post comments.

But ... when I'm in Corfu for two weeks, mid May, it would be good if it could still be maintained.

So who is there out there who would like to have greatness thrust upon them? Can we have a volunteer please? I'll just need to let you have my password and we'll have to test that you can log on from other email addresses.

If more than one applicant proceeds past the paper sift there will be a further selection process, which may require the submision of draft posts.

And yes, I have heard of internet cafés, but I wouldn't know what was going on in the real world, and I'm sure that you'd weary of hearing that I'd run, laid in the sun, eaten, laid in the sun some more and then (surprise, surprise) gone for a drink every day, wouldn't you?

Don't all speak at once.

Ed

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the absence of anyone who is particularly keen to take on this important role, I would be happy to do so. Confident in the knowledge that although technically limited, I am able to call on the expertise of my live-in IT consultant!

Ed - Have a great weekend - just checked the weather for tomorow in Rome and in Bolton - the former 15 degrees, light breeze, 7% cloud cover - looks just about right. I won't bother telling you what lies in store for those of us on Winter Hill tomorrow.

NLN

F S Shuffler said...

I'll create a Google Account for NLN and then all you have to do is add NLN as an author on the blog - then Google will verify NLN when she logs on and allow her her to post.

You could do this for any or all of the regulars.

FSS

NLN said...

NLN Account set up just need to add another Editor to your blog - drop me an email for more details

Anonymous said...

Thank you nln & fss. The rest of us can sleep a bit easier knowing that blog is in safe hands while EtU is sunning himself.

No report from Rome yet? Beginning to think he enjoyed it that much he's gone round again!

A little envelop thingy has appeared next to the 'posted by Ed @' is that new, or is just me not noticed it before?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps he's not come back yet.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps he's sent us a postcard