Monday, March 31, 2008

The Pike Race ~ A View from (not quite) the Back

Sorry for the delay in letting you have this. Perhaps it should now be titled "Belated View From The Back". Actually there were 34 behind me - 11.49 % of the field to put it into accountant speak!

These Pike races seem to come round quickly. Even though, as I have explained to the girls, the Pike race is an annual event, I have managed to do two Pike races whilst at the age of 72.

FSS seems to have got over the injury to have achieved a time of 26:22. Well done Ian. Glad that you seem to be getting back on target with your training. I managed 32:27, 49 seconds quicker than my previous run and, bearing in mind the stiff head wind on the way up, I was happy with that.


What I was not happy with was that YJ beat me after having passed him as we hit Lever Park Avenue on the way in. Even after his am. Coope's Dozen I couldn't hang on after he re-passed me. He beat me by 6 seconds. Good run John, I don't know where you get it from! So far as the other Swift, Et(Ugly?) is concerned, his 30:37 after his am. exploits with YJ was terrific. I understand that some rockets work off pure alcohol and look how fast they go! Perhaps this is his secret. (Didn't work this Saturday. Ed)

Thanks to NLN for you support on the hillside, and for taking your camera with you ~ albeit not taking any photos!

JtE(xtremely Ugly)

No comments: