Friday, March 22, 2013

Potential slowest runner in a road race

As far as I can remember, tomorrow will be my debut in the Northern 12 stage relay. The race is at Stanley Park in Blackpool and, so far, the area has missed the snow. I looked at last year's results and there was only one runner who posted over 20 minutes for the the 2.8 miles. Based on the 5k at Leverhulme Park which took over 23 minutes, I'll be hard pressed to break 21 minutes.  This is of course for the B team - Horwich are trying to complete two teams, and, up till this afternoon, we had two full teams. We are now one short so if anyone knows anybody qualified to put on a Horwich vest for a short run (or the 4.9 mile longer leg), get in touch with Ali Murray (or via me). You just might want to take it easier on the morning run!!

Update 8:20am Saturday - can ignore the above as it has just been cancelled. I'm not going to try to make UTUP. Car's going nowhere for awhile (see Albert's post on facebook if you think it's a good day to be driving) but I may head out the door up to Winter Hill via Burnt Edge.

Sorry I've been missing for a few weeks. Last weekend I hoped to do the Haigh Hall Relays and then marshal on the Two Crosses but I was fit for nothing and did my first run on Tuesday. At least I managed to get to the Equinox meal.

No comments: