Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Back with the grownups!

Those of us who UTUPed on Saturday spared a thought for the Hobblers and I compliment TF on her excellent outing.

For the first time in 14 months I was able to complete the squad of three  for the full outing which by majority vote was kept to just short of eight miles.  JtE kept apologising for slowing the pace and then sped off leaving Kev and myself well in his wake.  He alone left us to add the Pike to his outing while we took the easy route back to the lower barn.

My excuse for a brief outing was the Roddleston Roller on the Sunday, my first race (the Amble doesn't count) in over a year.

I had forgotten how quickly racers set off and was soon  the back marker by 200 yards.  Saturday's climb up the Sheep's Back and the Diagonal paid off as the first hills (they were only short) saw me back amongst the other plodders and I was happy to finish not last and just inside the hour, credited with 59mins 59secs.

Future race plans include the Pike on Easter Saturday followed by the Blubberhouses Moor 25 LDWA event if training goes according to plan. Also coming up are the LDWA Spring in Lakeland and Barbondale Round events, again not races but a good source of endurance training.

The Mid Lancs inter club Grand Prix starts shortly and this year has been broadened to include three fell races.  So plenty to go at.

I will be UTUPing  on Saturday.  In the meantime I hope to see you all for the Solstice Do on Friday night.

No comments: