Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Saturday morning UTUP

The weather may have deteriorated as the morning continued but it was still a good workout for Ed, JtE, TF, Kev an mi-sen. My late start meant that I was able to catch YJ on a slightly different route heading towards Healey Nab. Somehow I'd got ahead of the rest but we managed join forces heading towards Charnock Back Lane. After Healey Nab I managed to quash any ideas of heading up Great Hill and Spittlers - an easy thing to do as no-one had the faintest intention of heading that way in such inclement weather. My suggestion of the Bomber Memorial was accepted but the climb up past Manor House Farm against the driving rain meant that Ed, JtE and TF took the road descent whilst Kev followed me towards the memorial, navigating past some drivers who looked old enough to know better than playing with their 4WD toys on the farm tracks. Or at least I thought he was following me, but reaching the style by the memorial, he had disappeared. I waited a moment then descended by the "uphill" path but still no sign. A couple more minutes at the bottom but still no sign so I continued, slightly concerned if he had come a cropper out of earshot. Further avoidance of the 4WDs and a lady walking her dog assured me that Kev had indeed gone past. Approaching Dean Wood House I could see Kev and caught him up just before Rivington where we ran together to finally catch the remaining 60% running into the Lower Barn. By this time we were all somewhat wet so we ventured into the Barn to drip on the floor and enjoy a Christmas drink. Up to 9.5 miles in the two hours.

No comments: