Monday, December 31, 2012

Fitness update

I hope everyone had a a good Christmas.  At the last check no extra weight had been added  so  a promising start to the new year.

It was good to set off with the grown ups on the Saturday before Christmas even if the common route did not last long. T'Y caught me just after the bowling club and apart from one or two glimpses of the others as I  looked back I was once more on my own.

The objective of 20 miles was achieved at a marginally  faster pace than the previous week with almost 75 per cent run, an accumulation 14.41 miles made up of 65 short runs interspersed with short walks. Total time out was 4 hrs 55 mins.

Further progress was made during an outing around Hove and Brighton in  the company of son and daughter where five miles plus included four well spaced runs of  a  mile each. Slowly the running is building up (emphasis on slowly) and  rejoining the main squad on Saturday mornings is beginning to seem a lot nearer.

No comments: