Monday, October 29, 2012

Stokes Scurry

Finally after 10 months I have done my first race as a Vet 60, and even better I was first in my age category! However, before anyone gets too excited, I must point out that "race" is probably stretching a point. There is a nice young lady who lives opposite me and who is also a runner. She told me about an event called the Stokes Scurry, which is basically a 2 or 4 mile X-Country race held at a local farm.

So yesterday morning Vicki and I ran the couple of miles down to Stokes farm, and I thought that I would just do the one lap as I knew I had to run home again afterwards. It is a nice course, with a couple of slight hills (I use the word hill in the sothern sense of the word) but it was pretty muddy in places.There were only about 20 runners in my event and I got round in just over 17 mins to finish 4th overall and first Vet 60. As I said, I am not sure it really classifies as a race but I will claim it.

I am coming to Bolton this week, driving up on Thursday afternoon. If I arrive in time I willl UTUP but if not I will be there on Saturday.

No comments: