Sunday, October 28, 2012

I've got it!


Yippee!

I've finally got my hands on the trophy I won this time last year for having the most points in the Horwich RMI Road Championship. Having given up hope of ever receiving it, it was hand delivered by the chairman of the club himself. I'm chuffed to bits - it's huge and (the best bit) it's got my name on it! Apparently someone had been hassling the chairman in recent weeks and he couldn't take any more - so many thanks JtE.

Despite being a trophy winner I still think Tour de Scafell is way out of my league - though I'm not sure how many of the other intended participants meet the criteria of being "mature, responsible, have good navigational skills and be able to look after themselves."TF being the exception of course!

Glad to see everyone making the most of the gorgeous autumnal weather and fab photos to make you feel as if you'd been there ( and jealous that you hadn't).

Off to have another hold of my trophy now....

No comments: