Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Downhill

Sorry Ed but I'm afraid you'll have to take the prize as I've promised to tutor a young Threadgold this Thursday. In the absence of a report, last Saturday's UTUP was a leisurely 5 miler with TF (to the PIke via WH race route) then just LKM and I to Two Lads heading to Wilderswood where we came across YJ so continued back along Georges Lane after having a natter.

Ian Hodgson Relay

Powers that be are trying to drag me into the Ian Hodgson Relay on Sunday. I hope they can find someone better as my descending is becoming even more embarrassing. A new pair of decent fell shoes would help but as it takes at least 2 weeks to get to a stage where Inov8's are wearable without blistering, that's not going to happen.

Any takers?

A gentle walk

Last Sunday I joined an LDWA 14 mile walk aimed at attracting new members. However, I decided not to use the bus to get back from the finish at Frederick's Ice Cream Parlour but extended the walk to return home. Having walked up to the start at the Blundell, the 14 became 23 with the last 10 in increasingly torrential rain. A good workout though with the route over Winter Hill, Spittlers and Great Hill meaning that the Garmin says I also managed 5385ft of ascent including little used footpaths on the way back climbing up through Chorley Golf Club and thence to Rivington.

No crock of gold

Walking to the station has its benefits - here's one for Matt and other Wanderers supporters, showing man-made and natural curves on my way home this evening. Sorry Ray, but I don't think there's a crock of gold there.

No comments: