Friday, August 03, 2012

WozitWatters

On Wednesday I was watching the  North West News after the 10 O’Clock news on BBC and they were interviewing people in Bradley Wiggins  local. In the background of one of the interviews was a chap with a remarkable likeness to our own Cycling champion, “The Watters”. So EtU, Wozitwatters?

When I saw the weather I knew you’d have a great day doing Coope’s Dozen. I’m only sorry I couldn’t join you but I doubt I could have done Coope’s One let alone the dozen. I intended to rejoin the Saturday group on a regular basis a couple of weeks ago after my return from Switzerland, but unaccountably got totally exhausted a few days after getting back. I was reduced to pottering around the house like an old man for a week. Not what a man of my tender years who’s hardly flown the (Coope) really wants. When I managed to drag myself out last week it took me 65 mins. to run a Reservoir route for softies that normally takes 54 mins.(20% longer).

I’ve been out since and I’m starting to recover. So I’m going to increase the distance before taking the matchsticks onto the hills. I’m not forecasting a return date as I’ve done that too often in the past and been frustrated. I’m just hoping it’s before we go away at the end of the month.

It seems almost mandatory to supply a picture these days so here’s one of the Matterhorn. Perhaps the thought of what’s involved in climbing it(the Matterhorn, not the picture) exhausted me.

Switzerland 138

No comments: