Thursday, August 02, 2012

CT's CD

Hi,

I would like to thank everyone for allowing me to experience the annual Coope's Dozen. I would especially like to thank those eight who allowed me to be a member of the slow group and who were so friendly and encouraging. I thoroughly enjoyed the camaraderie and banter and genuinely felt welcome.

Although I struggled over the first mile or so, I started to feel more comfortable as I settled in and didn't feel pressured by the group at any time. I was tested though by tussocks - not being able to stay on my feet when passing through them! That was the reason for my 'wander' on the way down to White Coppice - to avoid them! I was also tested on the long run in from Healey Nab: having banged my knee earlier one of those infernal tussocks, it had become quite painful by Waterman's Cottage. Thanks to KLM and EtU for keeping me company as I shuffled back to the car-park on my 'last legs'.

The drive home along the motorway was scary, as first one leg and then the other suddenly cramped. Then the knee didn't want me to go up the stairs and kept me awake during the night! Never-the-less, I am far from being put off going on the fells again. I covered over 18.5 miles and the soles of my feet didn't hurt - that's a first.

Once again, thank you all for making an apprehensive novice so welcome and to let me also benefit from the pastime you all so much enjoy. Thank you too for the support from Elaine and YJ - what a lovely touch. I wasn't expecting that! I'm now definitely a convert and look forward to another outing in the (hopefully) not to distant future.

Pictures:- https://picasaweb.google.com/104835048332768205097/CoopeSDozen?authkey=Gv1sRgCIWu1tD226nqPg#

Regards,
Tom (CT)

No comments: