Friday, February 03, 2012

A report from the front

Thank you Matt for your report of the Chernobyl 10k and you gracious remarks about my second place. Up to 2 miles I was ahead of the eventual over 70 winner and kept in touch for most of the remaining distance to be be beaten by a strong finisher and a flagging pace on my part.

To put the time in perspective in last year's Power of Ten rankings I was 43 rd over 70 in the country with a time of 47.53 achieved at Catforth while still recovering from the Pennine Way challenge. Sunday's victor, John Riley of Northern Vets, and myself have a lot of work to do if we are to challenge runners higher up the rankings.

Sadly after starting the race with a niggling knee injury the race aggravated the damage and I have not been able to run since. I will however be UTUPing and will endeavour to complete a short hobble or even better if the rest has proved a cure. At worst I hope to manage a walk if the predicted heavy snow allows.

No comments: