Monday, February 06, 2012

By the Light...

...of the silvery moon.

Not sure whether it's the hopeless romantic, or the werewolf, within me that makes me feel that a full moon, coupled with a clear sky, deserves some form of celebration.

And so it was, that at about 8:05 this evening that I found myself atop the Pike. I was amused to find later, that despite being encumbered by camera, headtorch, mobile phone and hi-viz jacket, I had reached the top from chez nous in 51 minutes and 14 seconds, compared with 53 minutes 45 seconds (a PW) in broad daylight, the morning after TLoB's bash; read what you want into that.

I had expected there to be a residual covering of snow that, coupled with the moonlight, would aid visibility. There was, however very little snow, but nevertheless I was able to complete the whole trip without recourse to the headtorch, save to check the camera and the watch on reaching the tower.

An exhilarating outing, spoiled only by the quality of the photographs; this is the best of a bad lot:-


If it's not obvious, the bright thing is the moon, and the stoney thing is the Pike tower.

No comments: