Sunday, February 13, 2011

Winter Hill 13/2/2011

Well done to EYJ on his triumph at Winter Hill today finishing 1st V70, with a time of 2:31:16.

My race didn't go so well as I failed to make my intended 2hr40 target, finishing with 2:42:21. Sub 2:40 finishers at Winter Hill, seem to clear the cut-off at Edale. Conditions were tough today, but if the weather's similar for Edale I don't think the cut-off Marshall will accept 'it's a been a bit wet and windy' as an excuse and allow me through.

YJ made the wise decision to retire. How he could summons up the enthusiam for a race in that weather after his previous day's efforts on the Amble I'll never know! Ray finished on a time of 2:53:08 which was extremely respectible if he did the Amble the day before (?).

EtU was laying odds on thursday evening as to the time differential between myself and EYJ for todays race. So a 10 secs difference on Foxholes works out at exactly 1min/mile on Winter Hill. Need to work on getting that down to 5 secs for Foxholes.

TF

ps A big thank you to the organizer and all the marshalls and helpers today. They definitely had a tough job, I was glad to be running, honest!


No comments: