Sunday, February 27, 2011

Noonstone Fell Race 9m/2300ft (Sat 26th Feb 2011)

Well I've moved onto pastures new in the world of the results list. I finished in front of Sue Roberts from Todmorden on Saturday, she's been a very distant target in the past, but not any more. I didn't see her coughing/sneezing as she cross the finish line so will pronounce her fit as a fiddle to race and a fair contest.

A time of 1:56:24 wasn't much to write home about but like conditions at Winter Hill it was very heavy going and with a slight detour to the usual race route to avoid some United Utilities groundworks meant only a 3min improvement on 2008's time. But a vast improvement on finishing position, such a shame they couldn't get my name right on the results, not one of my favorite variations!
http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results.php?id=599

Dark & White Mini Mountain Marathon - Round 1 - Chesterfield (Holmebrook Valley Park, Sun 27th Feb 2011)

Not looking good when I had to get the phone out with the GPS to check car's position on the way to the event! Will print colour version of map next time so I can make out which are the red, green & yellow wiggly lines.

So initial minor hiccup overcome and the rest of the morning went ahead smoothly. Well as smooth as waterlogged ground can be. A good mix of terrain and views, just as I was hoping for, with nearly 15m covered in 3hrs. 2 penalty points for arriving back 1min41sec late, but the extra 10 point control was therefore justified - net gain 8 points. Total points 213, lying in 4th place in the WV40-49 category, 52/121 overall.

Round 2 on the 20th March from Chapel-en-le-Frith. Next weekend sees another fell race and navigating events back to back on Saturday and Sunday. Last minute training to get me up to scratch for the two speed merchants I'm accompanying at the Hobble the week after that!

TF

No comments: